Close Dialog Window
Close Dialog Window
Latest News
24comments Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate to run on the Bluepoint Engine
Posted Tue 16th Apr 2013 1:18am by David Dawson
While Warner Brothers Montreal had most of the spotlight this week with their announcement of Batman Arkham Origins for PS3,360,Wii U and PC.
the publisher also announced a separate game coming to PSVita and 3DS.
Developed by Armature Studio, Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate is a sequel to the upcoming console game.
Rather than being a third person action game like the console releases, Blackgate takes a different approach and is a 2.5D Metroid/Castlevania inspired side-scroller.
Now Armature have revealed on Twitter that the game will be running on a modified version of the Bluepoint Engine, a middleware suite developed by Bluepoint Games, the studio known for Blast Factor, and the HD conversions of God of War I & II, Shadow of the Colosus & Ico, as well as the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.
This is good news for Vita owners because Bluepoint did the Vita port of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, which ran on the Bluepoint Engine, and is one of the most technically impressive games on the platform as it runs at native res, and 60 frames per second. This will mark the first time the Bluepoint Engine will be used on a Nintendo platform.
For people who might not know who Armature Studio is, and that's fine as they're a fairly recent company.
Started by former employees of Retro Studios (Metroid Prime, Donkey Kong Country: Returns, etc.)
the company has only shipped one product to date, the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PSVita.
They were also working on a canceled first person shooter Mega Man X reboot.
Not so coincidently, the studio is located right next to Bluepoint games.
Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate will be in stores on October 25th, the same day as Batman Arkham Origins for home platforms.

Comment on this Article

E-Mail Address:
Will not be displayed to other users

Please enter the letters and numbers you see displayed in the above image.
The letters are not case sensitive.

Date Posted 27/11/2015 11:38am
You can not play as robin or nightwengIn the city you can play as baamtn or cat womenIn the city wy can't tey let you play as all 4In the city i can not buy DLC for tat to bad I wodBuy DLC if it was ter [url=]trhwpjvcp[/url] [link=]qxlzkuzel[/link]
Date Posted 25/11/2015 11:01pm
I'm still not really sure how I feel about Microsoft maknig all the Halo games. On the one hand, I don't really think it will change that much. But on the other hand, I think maybe it won't feel the same without Bungie.
Date Posted 23/11/2015 6:11pm
October 10, 2012 Are you kidding I thoguht Game Fly was pretty good but I have heard some bad things about them. I think every internet gaming company will have some bad reviews you can't satisfy everyone. [url=]ysoitc[/url] [link=]bmxhnqtwpwn[/link]
Date Posted 23/11/2015 11:47am
A month if possible. It still won't be perecft, but close enough.I once had a chance to revise a chapter I wrote for someone else's book a year after I wrote it. (The book's publication had been delayed.) It was terrible; made no sense. I threw out a third of it, and totally overhauled the rest. Glad that first version isn't out there in print somewhere.
Date Posted 22/11/2015 4:35am
Kevin Conroy was the Batman I grew up with too. And making the game wiouhtt Kevin Conroy is the ultimate disrespect to die hard Batman Fans. I'm not convinced that Kevin Conroy can't change his vocal chords to a younger Batman. Kevin Conroy is a professional voice actor, this is what he does, his job. You're not even giving him a chance. If you ask me, you people don't know talent when you see one and also selfish. If no Kevin Conroy, then I won't support the game at all. Remember it's not the quantity that makes Batman good, it's the quality.
reesebancr reesebancroft
32477 GK Points
Date Posted 30/07/2015 6:16am
reesebancr reesebancroft
32477 GK Points
Date Posted 08/07/2015 9:04am
Page 1 of 3

Battlefield 3Review The GK Say Batman: Arkham CityReview The Awesomenauts AgendaInterview with Robin Meijer Gears of WarReview Child of EdenReview

Proud supporter of GamesAid
The Games Tribe
Game KudosCopyright © 2010 Game Kudos Ltd. All rights reserved.
By continuing use of this site, you agree to be bound by our Terms of Use and Acceptable Use Policy
Jobs @ GK | Advertising @ GK | PR @ GK |About Us | E-Mail Support | Acceptable Use Policy | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use